Andrew Sullivan successfully captured my attention in his piece Why I Blog in the November issue of The Atlantic.
When a friend introduced me to the Blogger, I was thrilled but at the same time intimidated by the eloquence and gracefulness of the many writers using this new form of medium. But since I started, I find myself hooked. No wizard at the written words and certainly fearful of the spoken one, especially in public, I manage to unleash some of this energy in me as I go through my daily experiences and encounters, by blogging.
As a friend and a family member, my phone calls come few and far in between. I'm more at ease with my pen. Following some of the great political bloggers and one really humorous one the johnsonszoo, makes for a sound reason for being inspired to write my own. It is liberating and an outlet of sort, a humble expression of my appreciation for arts and nature and my thoughts on anything interesting that comes my way.
This brings me close to my family and dearest friends and leaving their comment or feedback unheard, saves me from the hurts of being "assaulted or ridiculed" for my shortcomings as a newbie in this new world of blogosphere. For "writing out loud"....
It's words, and words are all I have....