Somehow some of my favorite compositions are conceived while riding the train.
The subway cars are one of the best places to post advertisements and I must confess I often find myself mesmerized reading them.
Here's a good one and it says a lot about how New Yorkers are a tough crowd to please.
The subway cars are one of the best places to post advertisements and I must confess I often find myself mesmerized reading them.Here's a good one and it says a lot about how New Yorkers are a tough crowd to please.
It is a bank reward program with the following incentive: "Get $10 back for every $100 you spend on transit."
And here are some of the responses which really cracked me up:
"Great. So what you gonna do about my neighbor's tap dancing? "
And here are some of the responses which really cracked me up:
"Great. So what you gonna do about my neighbor's tap dancing? "
"Fantastic. How about finding a cabbie who doesn't mind going to Brooklyn? "
"Great. What is your solution for gridlock? "
"Fantastic. How about fixing the potholes on Tenth Avenue? "
"Great. What is your solution for gridlock? "
"Fantastic. How about fixing the potholes on Tenth Avenue? "
"Great. So what can you do about the cost of a studio below 23rd Street?"
Roughly translated: "Thanks for nothing."
Roughly translated: "Thanks for nothing."
I know, I know, maybe it loses some of its flavor without the accompanying photos. I tried to take pictures but it was too bright inside the train and people started staring at me as I focused the camera on the posters. Let me just say they did not portray people who are happy about the reward. It's more like the give-me-something-more-useful look.
I think this is funny but some locals may find it offensive. View the gallery in this link.
So what if New Yorkers bitch, moan, groan or complain? So what if they whine, are impatient or come across as arrogant? New Yorkers are real people.
Lighten up! It's only an ad and a good one at that.