Day of giving thanks and we did.
I'm grateful for good health and the things that matter.
Yesterday I got a call from a good friend who offered a couple of tickets to the concert of Tina Turner tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. How can I say no to that? Not even on Thanksgiving Day. This is Tina Turner my goodness, what is there to think about? Free, mezzanine premium seats ($100 each) and the show doesn't start until 7:30 pm anyway, so we have plenty of time.
We didn't waste any time -picked up the tickets, quickly said our thank yous and hurried back home. Chong had to rearrange the schedule such that we'll have early dinner (she always invites us for Thanksgiving at her place), then leave for NJ around 4:30 pm. Good enough for me, I'm not the one who's driving. Not to New Jersey anyway! It's the pits we always get lost. And at night? Fuggedaboudit!
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, I'm sure Tina is going to bring the house down.
Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin'....
Now I have one more thing to thank God for - these priceless tickets that just came from nowhere. Am I lucky or what? See 'ya later.