A picture is worth a thousand words – a pretty worn out aphorism and the only thing I could conceive of to convey the message is none other than my own picture - Stupid me!
‘Twas almost 5:30 pm when I went back to my desk to rouse my hibernating notebook only to get the shock of my life! Panic-stricken, hyperventilating, all signs of brain life have disappeared – I went into catatonic shock!
First thought was, this thing was hacked by aliens. My desktop has been hijacked – it looks different. I lost all my pictures and more importantly all my documents. All that was left was a picture of disaster – my own face turned red or blue, jaundiced, whatever.
Next thing I know, I was being asked to define my settings for IE 7 or is it 8, who cares – what the heck happened here? My link to the other world, how can that be stolen from me? Worst thought was I didn’t backup my files last week (and I’m pretty anal about doing this), so restore ain’t gonna cut it, if I want to retrieve my prized-possessions.
‘Twas almost 5:30 pm when I went back to my desk to rouse my hibernating notebook only to get the shock of my life! Panic-stricken, hyperventilating, all signs of brain life have disappeared – I went into catatonic shock!
First thought was, this thing was hacked by aliens. My desktop has been hijacked – it looks different. I lost all my pictures and more importantly all my documents. All that was left was a picture of disaster – my own face turned red or blue, jaundiced, whatever.
Next thing I know, I was being asked to define my settings for IE 7 or is it 8, who cares – what the heck happened here? My link to the other world, how can that be stolen from me? Worst thought was I didn’t backup my files last week (and I’m pretty anal about doing this), so restore ain’t gonna cut it, if I want to retrieve my prized-possessions.
Breathe.. easy .. then panic again!
And then…
Prayer seems to have done the trick. Sorry Lord, I meant, miracle. I know you don’t do tricks!
Like a mad lady, okay woman may be more appropriate in this case, I disturbed my buddy Chong who is so entrenched in her work, trying to salvage what was left of a Live-Meeting-gone-dead day. Lucky she doesn’t have to face those team members because she works from home.
She said, Relax. How dare she. You don't understand. Girl, my life is over!
First question pops: Are you logged on as yourself?
What do you think? Of course not - Genius is signed on as Guest!!!
Quantum leap - only in my case it's drawkcab (backward).
*Post-it Note: Maybe now The Johnsons will understand why I can't allow Comments on this blog - I avoid self-inflicted pains! And yes, I have loads of fun writing about my own foolishness. And thanks for your gracious compliment.