He let out a timid smile when I asked to take his picture. His camera was focused I think on the newly opened MAD (Museum of Arts and Design) on Columbus Circle. Known for its futuristic architecture and ceramic outside structure, the building stands tall in one section of the busy roundabout where the New York Coliseum used to be. Thanks to the efforts of Mayor Bloomberg the Circle was rehabbed and transformed into one of the best tourist spots in the City. It's a stone's throw from Central Park and an easy walk to many of the cultural centers on the West side. Easy means a few NYC blocks, so be ready with your walking gear.
I'll have to wait my turn on a Thursday evening to visit the museum. In the meantime, here is my amateur rendition of the MAD facade. It doesn't do justice to the structure, but like I said I can only "point and shoot" and have no intentions of selling my work.
The picture tells it all, arts and design, maybe not the kind I'd like to spend my evening viewing but then again I'd like to learn more about it. I surprised myself when Celine introduced me to modern art which I never really had a passion for - she made me appreciate it by making me see what the naked eye can't. After all she's an artist , one of her own paintings I have yet to steal from her living room. Just awesome.
The camera doesn't lie.
It captures the moment, how cool is that?