Please pass the popcorn. Snowbound, I wasn't going to let this miserable weather get to me. An avid Hitchcock fan, guess what I got myself for Christmas. Another 8-movie premiere collection from Hitchcock's best.
So here it is. This is the first time I watched Spellbound. I was inspired after seeing the Dali exhibition last summer. The movie has gained its popularity with the help of the famous dream sequence illustrated by Salvador Dali. That is not to say that this thriller-mystery, one of Sir Alfred's best, did not have a character of its own. The versatile acting of both Ingrid Bergman and the handsome Gregory Peck is just something one will not forget soon. Excellent.
The theme is psychoanalysis Freudian style. People often feel guilty about something they never did and it usually goes back to their childhood. The child often wishes that something terrible would happen to someone and if it happens the child believes he caused it.
First-rate films of this sort one does not see anymore. I was spellbound.
First-rate films of this sort one does not see anymore. I was spellbound.