Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Arrow of time


Gare d'Orsay Station Clock (2004)
Musee d'Orsay

The coming of the New Year triggers something in every one of us; for me it is the remembrance of things past. The year 2008 has been, like most years, very fruitful and rewarding for me. It exceeded all expectations.
Time flies. The days swiftly passed by and the year quickly slipped by. This time, I know where time went. I've really enjoyed being engaged in all my projects this year. My travel plans were put aside but I don't have any regrets.

Next year there will be bigger challenges but even greater opportunities to be involved and make a difference. I look forward to that.

I have no resolutions for 2009. I'm done and over with that. As hard as I try, I can never keep such promises to myself. I'll keep the few pounds that I've gained and continue to enjoy chocolate and tubs of ice cream and maybe exercise a bit. No pressures just pleasures.

We'll be a year older and while we're at it let the arrow of time pass us by gracefully.