Yes, I'm still here. Carol has been complaining about my lack of updates. It has turned full circle; my generation is now looking after the next one - I'm doing what my parents did in their days, taking care of the "family needs" of the younger ones, if you can call 40's young!
The visiting nephews and nieces had kept dear Auntie real busy. Since I have a soft spot in my heart for all my "kids", I don't mind keeping the tradition going. I had them test their stunt against the New York City pavements and unforgiving crowd. There is no way they could enjoy the sights without walking the streets of the city so they just had to do as I say! Walk and you'll thank me later. No complaints heard. Good dogs!
After giving them the lay of the land, I sent them off with subway maps, emphasizing the terms "downtown" and "uptown", to enjoy what's left of the heartstoppingly beautiful NYC before everything is plowed under. You never know. There's construction going on all over Manhattan, The Plaza Hotel has already been converted to a luxury condominium.
United we eat. Of course, what would be a visit without the usual eating frenzy. Roque and I took the bus to Ped's in Jersey while the "oldies" were taken by car. Above is a picture of the Mitsuwa Japanese market display of the "untouchable" pastries. Pricey is an understatement and no pictures allowed. Na na na na na ... I stole one! Huffing and puffing as he followed Auntie sprinting, Roque did enjoy the Udon soup at the market eatery.
We were joined by George, Mel and Barb at Ped and Carol's house for lunch. Sporting a pair of red sneakers, I named Mel, Garrison Keillor, which he didn't particularly care about. Tough - I happen to like Garrison, not the best looking guy, but he's very funny!
This is part of the April madness here. Two more family members will be arriving next week! And I heard Tere has a checklist of places to visit. Yikes!
If you hate entertaining or having family over, move over, your last name is not Tinio or Reyes! More updates coming folks, patience is a virtue. It's a family affair. It's a family affair.