So much for the extra bed - that ended up in storage in the garage. Corie and Roque had to do their little people trick, duvets and blankets on the hardwood floors (Auntie hates carpeting) and the two wedged themselves between my bureaus at bedtime, because they didn't want to be put out there on the shelter. The other bad news besides the fancy spacious accomodations is the snoring marathon that occured every night. It was a perfect match with the NYC fire trucks and the ambulances.
Kyla conked out the first day with jet lag, but the next day was a different story. Tere took out her list of the "best kept secrets of New York" and a litany of places to see. Thanks a lot Frommer's and Rick Steves' and the Internet - you just handed me an astronomical task! The shopping spots of the city are on her radar as well, having that shopping gene in her bloodline.
And yes folks, I'm taking you to Brooklyn and don't believe everything you've read about the place - Brooklyn is the best - architecture, arts, eats, etc.
Quite early for the cherry blossom display, the magnolias at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens are just magnificent.
I was hoping that all that walking would be punishment enough for them to quit for a day. But no - they have made plans for tomorrow and the next day and the next.... Oh dear, I remember when I had that much energy to keep on going. On the train headed back home, they were all well-behaved - all four ready to sleep. What if I don't wake them up at our stop - maybe somebody else will take pity and adopt them! But I can't do that, they're craving for Lola's cooking.
Believe me it doesn't take much to make these homeless kids happy! Follow us on our adventure next week.