Seven years ago today, atop the roof of "T" building at Kings County Hospital, I saw the second tower collapse and disappear into nothingness. It's painful to remember but unfortunately it did happen.
In this world of hatred and indifference, can we just stop and quietly figure out what really matters? There's so much conflict around us I shudder to think what the future is going to be like for the next generations to come.
To borrow the words of a good friend, I also have become apolitical, what with all the mud-slinging, referencing "lipstick on a pig", that is going around among our politicians. What happened to the real issues? The climate crisis is nothing to sneeze at and because of the war we humans create, we will never forgive ourselves for the loss of lives of many. Let's stop before we wipe out our own existence.
I remember how simple and peaceful life was when I was younger but slowly the world is changing. Life is so good and peace is not something impossible to achieve, so can we at least try?
"If you want to be happy, be."
Leo Tolstoy
In this world of hatred and indifference, can we just stop and quietly figure out what really matters? There's so much conflict around us I shudder to think what the future is going to be like for the next generations to come.
To borrow the words of a good friend, I also have become apolitical, what with all the mud-slinging, referencing "lipstick on a pig", that is going around among our politicians. What happened to the real issues? The climate crisis is nothing to sneeze at and because of the war we humans create, we will never forgive ourselves for the loss of lives of many. Let's stop before we wipe out our own existence.
I remember how simple and peaceful life was when I was younger but slowly the world is changing. Life is so good and peace is not something impossible to achieve, so can we at least try?
"If you want to be happy, be."
Leo Tolstoy