The nest was empty when I visited yesterday. The robins fled their roost.I sought the expertise of my birder friend to check out the pictures. It turns out, what I thought were “mom and pop” were actually the juvenile robins - given away by their very pale colors and light brown breasts. What I also thought was a cardinal that was wildly shooing me away was either the mother or father robin. I did my own research and there it was a picture to match. At least I got one thing right - they are robins. 
Maybe the fledged young had gone for their first flight. Good luck. One day I hope to find you guys foraging on the lawn.

Maybe the fledged young had gone for their first flight. Good luck. One day I hope to find you guys foraging on the lawn.
Photo credits:Cornell University Lab of Ornithology