Decades ago, it was cow statues displayed all over the city and now it's
Sidewalk Catwalk. We
call that public art New York style. It is something for anyone who is a slave to fashion. Some 32 custom-built mannequins are on display runway-style down Broadway in the heart of the Fashion District featuring the work of
NYC's top fashion designers.
Boxy and bold, splashy padded shoulders are out and well-cut suits are only for the Wall Street folks. So what's your dress uniform?
Here's some of what I think are the quirkiest designs some creative others plain dumb and ridiculous. I reserved the front row seats for you, so be the judge.

This dress rocks, don't you think?

It was designed by two of the aspiring designers from the Parsons School of Design.

Sea shells? I forgot, Manhattan is an island.

Are you kidding, psychedelic body? The 50's are a blur to me.

Nanette
Lepore, I'm terribly disappointed in you.

A deflated balloon or a waterlogged giant diaper?

It's flag day Tommy Hilfiger style.

Cutesy but not creative.

Here's Kenneth Cole making a statement. What do you mean?

Further down on Times Square two of the pianos which is part of another art installation
Play Me, I'm Yours could be found tied down to hollow blocks. 60 of these pianos decorated individually by local artists are installed in public spaces throughout the five boroughs. New Yorkers and visitors from all over the world are encouraged to play them.


This guest must be feeling like a first-class virtuoso as he plays right smack in the middle of the crossroads of the world. There was a line behind him of people waiting their turn but he wouldn't let go.

And what do we have here? Some dance craze of the 60's it looks like. Help me out, is it the monkey? I can't remember.

And for those who've worn their gaskets into the ground.
You never know what you'll see when you wander the streets of Manhattan. You just have to remember them. This is the trouble with my catch-up blogging, loads of boring pictures. I have to follow my own rule that if it's not written down it didn't happen, gotta take better notes since I have serious recall problem.