Monday, March 8, 2010

Whose birthday is it anyway?


In the end someone still has to do the dishes. I did some. Thanks to my family who portrayed me as the spic-and-span ferocious brigadier, Charlotte is now terrified of me. No you don't have to salute or curtsy, you just have to be neat and always prompt. That's the rule.

You see, our friend Charlotte will be traveling with us to NOLA for the wedding but now she's panic-stricken. With Auntie in command she now thinks there will be a pass-in-review everyday. Bad kids terrorizing Charlotte this way, but go on and practice your cadence call anyway.

See that lady wearing black
She makes a livin' on her back
She's a back-stroke swimmer
A back-stroke swimmer.... so it goes

It was Carol's birthday but look who's in the picture again. Grandma. Just watch that she doesn't blow your candles first. Gotta give it to her, she is photogenic if nothing else.

So how old are you now Carol? Hmmm. She doesn't remember.
Well, let me see. She's ripe enough to earn her well-deserved doctoral title this spring. The wait is over. Kudos to her and hats off to Ped who'll need to give her all the support as she defends her thesis. Too bad you can't just bribe the teacher with an apple, but I'm sure it'll just be a breeze for you. We'll be there right behind you, just promise to feed us after the graduation ceremonies.

Now if you'll excuse me, brainiac that I'm not, I have to get these goo off a basketful of pinecones I've squirreled away to make a wreath for Christmas.