I didn't go there to have them shave a few years off my face or neck! My concerns are more real than that - white sunspots on my face. Well, thank goodness I got the advice and treatment from my dermatologist that I was hoping for and not a sales pitch about liposuction or some other procedures addressing the tell-tale signs of aging. They promise to even "customize" the procedure for the client. Noooo thanks.
Anyway, walking back home towards the subway station, I passed by the atrium of the former IBM building and what do I see inside? Some sculpture by local artists, ceiling high bamboo plants and a bar. It's the Obika Mozzarella bar. The name threw me off - Japanese mozzarella? Doesn't sound right. I found out that it is the spin-off of the popular mozzarella restaurant chain in Rome. The menu looked pretty impressive - organic salads, pastas and desserts but I didn't try. Birds (robins) were flying all over the atrium and I'm not too keen on having them around me and fighting over my precious mozz. I'm now assuming Obika's mozzarella is not the same as your regular deli stuff and must be pricey.
It seems like European chain eateries have taken the city by storm. There's the Belgian transplant Rouge Tomate on the East Side - I dare not look at the menu and their prices. They claim to promote healthy eating but I can do that by supporting my local producers through the Greenmarket. Or better yet grow my own - tomatoes.
I'm a traditionalist. I say tomato. And maybe I should also specify that I need a skin specialist and not a cosmetic surgeon.