Off they go towards red marker number one! A boat capsized before the start of the first race and the 12 knot winds didn't spare the flotilla of small boats either.
No capsizes at the regatta, the seasoned sailor Herman showed some skillful maneuvers. Impressive, graceful but it looks completely terrifying. It was some show that Gina and Herman put out there today!
None of my friends joined the race. Maria was assigned to help as starter, Judy was the standby and Jan, the fledgling sailor cheered on with me by the deck. I did what I do best, and that is help Barbara set up lunch for the hungry sailors. The roasted veggies went perfectly well with Vinnie's grilled hot dogs and steaks!
I will not attempt to understand the physics of sailing but I can tell you it's loads of fun to watch the race! Thanks guys and a happy fourth!