Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Will you ...."

I feel like I'm ogling at what should be a beautiful moment between Amber and Marc, but I'll go ahead and ogle away anyway. Since majority of my readers are family, I'm sure they'll appreciate my fun (?) way of spreading the news.

And so, my grandnephew Marc popped the question. Cliche, but still romantic and Amber said "Yes". Ready for what life might be like together? I bet you are.

So it is N'awlins 2010!
Marc and Amber are humbled but excited about their engagement and so are we. This is epic, and I don't mean in a grand-wedding sense but in a way that made the family proud of the two of them. This is the first wedding in the immediate family we will be having outside the Philippines and we really are excited!

I don't know much about her, but it is neither a mistake nor an accident that Marc found her. When I first met her during the 2007 Revlon Run/Walk for Women which we as a family participated in, (The Pacesetters, remember?), Amber showed the simplicity and the unpretentious ways which you don't see in many people of the younger generation. In today's hurry hurry lifestyle this is a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the blurry picture Marc, you rock!

And the planning begins. Welcome to the family, Amber.